The LM317 3-Terminal Adjustable Linear Voltage Regulator used in DC to DC converter applications. The overall function of the LM317 is similar to that of the LM78xx series regulators. Whereas the 78xx series of regulators have fixed output voltages (ex. 7805 has 5V output), the LM317 can be adjusted to any voltage (within its limits).
Applications of LM317 3-Terminal Adjustable Linear Voltage Regulator
- Circuits requiring steady supply within 1.2v to 37v
- Protection for devices having specific voltage sensitivity.
- Power Bank Solutions.
- Power Line Communication Modem.
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE).
- Power Quality Meter.
- Power Substation Control.
- Private Branch Exchange (PBX).
- Programmable Logic Controller.
- RFID Reader.
- DIY projects requiring specific voltage from an existing higher/ varying voltage supply.