HM-10 BLE Bluetooth 4.0 CC2541 Wireless Module is a BLE module for an embedded system to get BLE wireless communication with BLE capable devices (e.g. iPhone and iPad). It is fully configurable by a rich and well documented AT command-set and allows transparent data communication via serial UART (default baud rate 9600bps). The Bluetooth 4.0 HM-10 is basically a breakout board for cc2541, it broke out the LED pins, RX/TX and also adding the voltage regulator that regular 5v to 3.3 v.
HM-10 and HM-11 series Bluetooth module use TI CC2540 chip, configure 256KB space and support the AT command. Users can change the role (master, slave mode) and the serial port baud rate, equipment name, matching password and other parameters on-demand. It is very flexible to use.
Comparison between HM-10 and HC-05 here.
The most complete, most convenient, and most stable Bluetooth data transmission, remote control and data acquisition module. Master-slave in one, transparent transmission, replacing serial port. Remote control, transparent transmission, MCU is unnecessary. Remote data acquisition, transparent transmission, MCU is unnecessary.
Pin Description of HM-10 BLE Bluetooth 4.0 CC2541 Wireless Module :
- STATE: state test pins, connected to internal LED, generally keep it unconnected.
- BRK: break connect, it means breaking the Bluetooth connection, generally keep it unconnected.
- VCC: positive pole of the power source.
- GND: Ground.
- TXD: serial interface, transmitting terminal.
- RXD: serial interface, receiving terminal.