The ESP8266 is a Wi-Fi module serial Transceiver used for wireless data communication. You can also say that WLAN transceiver. It is converting from wired LAN into wireless LAN (WLAN).
Features of ESP8266 Wireless Module ESP-12E/12F Serial Port Wi-Fi Module:
- This module requires a 3.3 volt supply for VCC, and 3.3V logic.
- Connecting RX or TX on 5V Arduino will destroy this module. (Our board has onboard logic level shifter)
- You must use a logic level converter, or a 3.3V Arduino. (Our board has an onboard voltage regulator)
- You must provide a separate, higher 3.3V supply(about 300mA or better). (Taken care on board)
Applications of ESP8266 Wireless Module ESP-12E Serial Port Wi-Fi Module:
- It is used in wireless data communication.
- Wi-Fi home automation
- IoT (Internet of Things) based projects
- Wi-Fi controlled robot