Homemade Arduino? It may sound a lot complicated than it is practically. So we decided to make our own homemade arduino circuit which can run any arduino based project.
The world is going crazy about Arduino and why not, it is such a beautiful piece of technology which has opened new horizons for so many students, hobbyists and developers. We our self have been using Arduino and worked on so many interesting applications based on it.
With time we realized that using a new Arduino every time was not economic; so what did we do?
We designed our own Homemade Arduino circuit on a zero pcb and recently also launched our own Arduino PCB based on it.
Check it out and buy it if you like it! However, if you want to make your own, follow this blog and video below.
What we are going to design is called the Basic Circuit of Arduino or the minimum circuit required to run any Arduino based Project.
We are going to break the circuit into 3 parts :
1) Power Supply : This powers the arduino from a DC battery/DC adapter.
2) Basic Arduino (ATmega 328) circuit : This is the minimum circuit required to make any Arduino based project on ATmega 328.
3) 16 x 2 LCD Module (Optional) : Now this is not absolutely important buy a display always adds value to any project. So we are adding a simple 16*2 character LCD display.
All the three parts have been explained properly in the video. Do check it out !
Components required :
1) 1 x Arduino Basic Circuit with Power Supply (Buy here)
2) 1 x LCD (16*2) (Buy here)
3) Tools (Buy here)
1) Jumper Wires (Buy here)
2) BMES Arduino Development Board with IC (Buy here)
3) 1 x General Purpose PCB (Buy here)
Download Schematic from here.
Please follow the video for an easy step by step guide. In case of any questions or queries, feel free to post below.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel and check out other tutorials of DIY projects.